How to Submit Thuthuka Annual Progress Reports (APRs)

Submit an Annual Progress Report (APR)

  • Progress reports have to be submitted annually in order to qualify for continued funding the following year. Grant holders will be alerted as to the need for submitting their reports by the NRF at the appropriate time each year.
  • Annual Progress Reports (APR) are submitted electronically via the NRF Online System. Access the “Create APR” function and follow instructions.

Note that progress reports need to be extensive enough so as to prove that research that was undertaken to be completed within the relevant funding year has indeed been carried out. Excessively terse or unspecific reports will be negatively scored and funding denied for the following year.